Did you know that getting an excellent deal on futons can significantly improve room decor without costing a fortune? Whether you’re on a limited budget or have extra cash to spend, it makes sense to relax in comfort at a minimal cost with futons for cheap. You don’t have to sacrifice quality when it comes to picking out the right futons for cheap. In fact, some of the best available futons can be found at a price that’s affordable to everyone and even the higher-end futons can be picked up at a discount if you know the right places to look.
- Space Saving – Futons are not only cheap, they can easily be converted from a bed to a useful piece of furniture in almost any room. They can easily be stashed away when you need to make more room in your place.
- Dual Purpose – When having guests over, you can take your comfortable couch and convert to a ready-made bed that’s much more comfortable than a traditional couch. Your guests’ backs will thank you!
- Style – In addition to their chic look and feel, futon mattress covers come in a variety of patterns and designs that can specifically fit the style and decor of the room.
Bi-Fold Vs. Tri-Fold Futons:
There’s more to consider than just style when picking out a futon that best fits your needs. You’ll generally find that tri-fold futons are larger and will typically be more expensive, due to the fact that they require a larger frame. Bi-fold futons can be thinner and take up less space, but also provide less space as a mattress. If you plan to use your futon as a mattress often or there will be more than one person sleeping on the futon, opting for a tri-fold may make the most sense. If you need to save space or the futon will be used as a mattress for one, a bi-fold futon would probably be acceptable and save you a bit of cash on the purchase.
Tips For Finding Discounts On Futons:
- Used Futons – One of the best deals you’ll be able to find is in purchasing a used or “pre-owned” futon. You can check out sites like Craigslist or the local classifieds to find some steals and save yourself a ton of cash.
- Amazon Shopping – Amazon provides channels for people to sell their own pre-owned and new futons and you can sometimes find significant savings on the regular retail price
- Garage Sales – You’ll have to do more picking and choosing here, but you can sometimes get some great looking futons for less than 20% of what they sold for at retail. This will take more of your time, but appeals to the real deal seekers looking to save some serious cash.
- Retail Clearance – Furniture stores often have a “Going Out Of Business” sale, but sometimes they really do offer deep discounts on products they need to move in order to make room for their latest product lines. You can save 50% retail or more if you find the right deal at the right time.
Types And Styles Of Futons:
- Futon Mattress Materials – Higher-end mattresses can include springs and feel much more like a traditional mattress, but make the mattress quite heavy and are a bit more expensive. Most futons are commonly made with cotton and are light-weight and easy to use for multiple purposes. Foam can be an excellent choice and is in-between the spring and cotton mattresses when it comes to price.
- Futon Mattress Covers -Most covers are made of cotton and come in a variety of designs. You can also pick up futon covers that are made out of materials like suede and can provide a different feel for the room. Velvet futon covers are pretty niche, but are popular in stylish up-scale locations.
There are a variety of ways to find futons for cheap that include both online and offline sources. Usually, those that require a bit more time to pick through and find might provide deeper discounts, but will ultimately take up more of your time. The best thing to do when determining how to find a cheap futon is to decide beforehand your time-cost trade-off and start from there.